Monday, August 16, 2004

Are Gay Men Mean?


The man I have been seeing for the last three months, has started saying rude things to me. Today while eating lunch, he told me about a coupon just handed to him. I said, "I have the same coupon in my backpack, it's too bad I didn't bring my bag with me." He replied, "Oh, I'm not surprised." Earlier this weekend he had equally charming things to say but the details escape me now.

Several times now I have also heard him attacking people verbally. Sometimes it is a person in traffic, or an old acquaintance that falls prey to these outbursts. It is surprising because one of the things I really admired about him from the beginning was his respect for other people. Having spent more time with him, I find he treats people poorly sometimes, and the frequency seems to be increasing.

If you drive a car, and are thinking, "I like Menen and want to be his friend." A good place to start would be here.